Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Can you see the flies?

I need to start today's post by getting back to where my heart really is. Rooted in my Savior...

Ecclesiastes 10:1-4;12-13
As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so folly outweighs wisdom and honor.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.
Even as he walks along the road, the fool lacks sense and shows everyone how stupid he is.
If a ruler's anger rises against you,
do not leave your post;
calmness can lay great errors to rest.
Words from a wise man's mouth are gracious, but a fool is consumed by his own lips.
At the beginning his words are folly;
at they end they are wicked madness- and the fool mulitplies his words.


Kimkins to me... was my "perfume".. it was my hope and my answer... but it now has a "bad smell". No matter how many wise and honorable people are still there now... they can't outweigh the "folly" that remains.

I am unsure of Kimmer's reasons for allowing me to get back into Kimkins, and I did return there to download my journal for memory sake... but I feel very cautious and leery of this "apology" by Kimmer and will not be returning again. I know that she is angry with me, and with others who are now speaking out... and I can't leave my "post"... I need to remain "calm" and stay here... at my bench.. where my words can't be turned into something meaningless.
I do not want my words to be used like those of the fool...

Ecclesiastes 7:5-9
It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke
than to listen to the song of fools.
Like the crackling of thorns under the pot,
so is the laughter of fools,
this too is meaningless.
Extortion turns a wise man into a fool,
and a bribe corrupts the heart.
The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.


I know this verse might hurt some of you... for it hurt me a few weeks ago. It's not easy to admit when we are wrong... especially when our "wrongness" was simply in listening to "the song of fools". I hope that each of you will examine your own hearts, and walk with patience... without anger... and without the laughter of fools as well.


Know this.. the beginning... is over...
this is the end... and I don't want anyone caught in the "wicked madness" that is soon to come.

10 comments:

Christin said...

((HUG)) I'm just glad you were able to get your journal... I love sitting here on the bench with you my friend. And I'm glad that we can share our Journey together :). God bless you and cause His face to shine upon you my sister. Love ya lots!

Becky said...

Wise words, Deni!

Mirtika said...

I'm so glad you're leaning on the Lord and HIs Word. Keep your eyes on Him, and it will work out.

I pray there is justice, and all the truth comes out. Too many lies shrouding Kimmer. Too many.

Blessings,
Mir

jo said...

Deni,

Thank you so much for putting yourself out there, and doing it with such grace and peace. I appreciate that you are sharing from your heart and also from the heart of God, where lies the ultimate in truth and love. Keep up the excellent work. Although I seldom post anywhere, I have been following all of this since mid June, and I must say I am enjoying the peace here on your bench. God Bless!

Deni said...

thanks guys. :)

I like the fact that I have been able to find peace in the midst of what feels like a war. :(

Only HE can make that possible! :)

***Heather*** said...

Hi Deni. I never really followed the kimkins thing or really even knew about the controversy until now. I'm sorry to hear about the betrayal you went through, and I'm so happy you decided to move on and be positive.

I just wanted to extend an invitation out to you. I am not an admin at this site or anything, but I am a regular poster...the site is 3FatChicks. Not sure if you have heard about it or not. But it really is full of encouraging and wonderful people, and perhaps you would benefit from it through your weight loss journey?

I have been a member for 2 years now, and they really do encourage healthy eating and exercise to lose weight. They have so much info and they even have a Christian Encouragers thread on the forums! The forums are at 3fatchicks.com/forum. My user name is LaBonita. I hope maybe you'll consider this...it really has helped me with my weight loss thus far.

Good luck with everything you do, and God bless! :)

Moggy said...

I just happened by your blog and really like what you are saying. I'm not in any kind of weight loss program, but I do go to Celebrate Recovery at my Church and that's really about facing reality in all areas of your life.

GillianIvy said...

Deni,

I've noticed that you're still featured on the main page and success stories, you are the first person listed. Does this upset you and have you asked Kimmer to take you off?

Have you been to the family recipe blog lately? I've posted a few more recipes. I'd love to see some of yours also. Or your mom's. I got the idea to do a family recipe blog because our mom's are posting up their recipes here and there, and it's so much to keep track of. Better to have everyone posting in one place.

So are you still going to be doing low carb dieting? Well, whatever your plan to maintain the weight loss, I wish you all the luck in the world. After Chase has weaned, I might start attempting a healthier diet and exercise routine. I'm already losing weight though, chasing Chase around as he crawls all over the place! ;P My pre-preggers pants are falling off my butt!

How's your family, by the way? Hope all is well.

Much love!
Gillian

Deni said...

Gillian,
Unfortunately, I signed a model release form for her back in May.. so I no longer have the rights to those photos. :(

Yes, I'm still going to do some sort of low carb diet ... I did learn so much about how my own body reacts (or shall I say overreacts) to carbs in general. I think the "white flours" and me really just dont' get along!

I'm now "hanging out" at Jimmy Moore's forum.. it's a great, FREE place to connect with people and become more informed about many different kinds of low carb plans! :)

PS- I need your email addy! The only stuff I have from you is "public" related! ;)

Kathy said...

Deni, I never got to know you while I was at Kimkins (I started July 19th) but I am of course reeling along with many others there over what has happened. I have found so much comfort and peace in reading yours and Christin's and Becky's blogs. I SO appreciate the Christian comments you have added! I am now looking for a new low carb plan...leaning towards Atkins. I am so sad that all this has happened, but so grateful that I found out before I went through some of the horrible side-effects that others have. I will be watching you three to see how you come through all this. We still look to you for guidance. Hope to see you on the cruise!